i'm hiding it too

"Hey, what time do you have to go to school?"She asks.

(Aiyah.. don't disturb me... i need some sleep.) I think to myself. I grunt a barely audible reply

"its just.. well.. don't be late for your paper okay?" She says in a very soft tone.

I'm touched and a little annoyed at myself for being so idiotic earlier.

"I know how you feel. You not being able to do your paper and all. And Dad looking down on you because... you think you're going to fail. That's why i didn't tell anyone i was having my exams the last few weeks." She says in a almost hushed tone. I could almost hear the tears coming out of her eyes. That hurt. The sigh. I couldn't look.

I didn't know she was having her exams and she was MY sister too.

"Just. Well. Do your best okay? And erm Good luck."
She walks out of my room.
To school.

I lie in bed beneath the sheets. Feeling the chilling morning breeze on my exposed thighs. I wrap my blanket around me in search of comfort, away from the cold wind.
She was the last person I had expected to encourage me like that. An insight to how she had felt. Living in the scrutiny of my parents. They always say she didn't study. but who knows? Who knows but... God.

She had lived her life without the support of a family. Even I had lived.. with some sort of support. I wonder deep down if God has a plan for me in all this.

She has fought valiantly and I am proud of her.

Now is my turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home