Image hosted by Photobucket.comGrowing up.

Somehow, somewhere. When I grew up I learnt new things. Gave up old habits and made new resolutions. And uncovered horrible truths.

One horrible truth was that I couldn't expect people to accept me for who I was. I used to think that if people didn't like the way I handled things, they could all just bugger off and mind their own business. I mean are they so entirely perfect that they cannot accept another person's faults?

I realised much later that these things did matter and the only thing that changed was my perception of things. A realization that perhaps it was an ugly fact that people can't accept others or see others as they truly are beneath the physical bodies. And the thing that had changed, was that it DID matter to me. It mattered more because it would affect my job, the friends I made and most importantly, shape the person I was to become.

People used to tell me. (they still do. =/) "Oh you'll find someone who'll love u for who you are." Which I have come to realise, is a rather silly statement. It holds as much truth as a coin can hold water. To actually understand someone, to know that person for who he/she really is requires, proximity, close contact and sharing of personal secrets etc. These things won't happen unless that person is forced to find out about you, happens to hear about you or simply is interested in you. And just wat in how many percent chance is that if you're a quiet and unattractive individual.

Then again, God has his ways and I thank him for that. Though I pretty much want to know how he wired our brains.