Image hosted by Photobucket.comWife to be. Wilt thou art be wed to me.

Was talking to Andrea's friend just now. (actually Andrea does the talking and I do the thinking.) Anyway, she seemed upset by the topic of discussion. Or maybe she was just tired out. Or I could be over-sensitive.

The topic was on arranged marriages. At the end of it, as we walked off to a lecture, Andrea asked:

"Wouldn't you be afraid if you had an arranged marriage?! Its so scary lah!"

I gave it some thought, shuddered a little and replied a " yea.. I guess so." , before shuddering a bit more.

Now that I'm alone and actually giving it some serious though. Perhaps it really isn't that bad an idea after all. I mean, arranged marriages do have their success rates to boast about and non-arranged marriages do have their failure rates too.

(So.... Jon wants an arranged marriage huh?... That can be arranged.) No no no, Please don't run off and find me a bride. The point is that who's to judge what fits one person and what doesn't. (Like studies in Psychology have shown that people with opposing Personality Disorders attract each other.)

But would I trust my parents with my bride. I suppose so. Besides I've brought my girlfriends home before. She very ought to have an idea of my taste. And I believe they love me enough to not latch me to someone obnoxious for a practical joke. Because I'll run off to work and leave them to hang out together! MAUAhahah (ok....Jon.....I think its enough...)

In any case, recent events have brought me to realise I don't want a girlfriend.

At least for now.

I've seen too many rejected people( by counterparts who like them), a series of broken relationships ( in many close friends of mine) and unhappy marriages ( which remind me of the rough patches I've been through myself ).

When I look at couples and start to feel jealous, I start to wonder if it really is going to be worth all that pain. Perhaps I'm just mildly schizophrenic. In any case I'm a worried single and unavailable male.

Okay. Digression... Another reason I'm not afraid of arranged marriages is because I'm IN ONE.

I've committed this to God and he's arranging it for me. So there. It'll be perfect with or without a wife. Because he loves me even though i'm a mildly schizophrenic, worried and slightly silly boy. Only thing that bothers me will be whether my parents will be able to take it if I'm single. I really wonder.

I need a clear sign. Clearer than a cloudless sky. As Obvious as the mountains.


P.S. Nick says I shouldn't make a list of the qualities I want for a girlfriend. Because he says, most of them won't apply anyway. ahaha. Which is kinda true....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home