to the sea: i love u...

i sat at the beach with the dampness of the sandy shore soaking through my favourite blue boardshorts and the waves rushing between my toes..

i stared silently at a stone and asked:

"stone of stones,
where have u been?
have u seen the horizons
or crossed the open seas?

whats it like out there
between the coral reefs.
are there lawyers and doctors?
and is there hide and seek?

do u have four seasons?
is there rain where u live?
what's it like out there?
tell me,tell me please!"

The stone replied:

"silly sillly child,
there is much u do not know
lemme ask you then,
why do u seek to know?

Will the seas change their tides,
and will the rivers cease to flow?
will the earth run off its axis,
to a journey of its own.

why do u worry then young boy,
about things yet unknown,
leave your worries for tommorrow,
for today is wat u own."

and i thought to myself:
"OMG.. A TALKING STONE!"
-jon lame

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home