Image hosted by Photobucket.comJunior Camp

I'll post pictures when I'm done reinstalling the software for my phone. >.< for now, please bear with me.

A memory so clear, Very absoultely clearly, that i prayed for something i needed badly.

I desperately prayed very much to have more self control. If there was anything i wanted in the world now, it be self control. (Cuz i was convinced just a few weeks ago that my laziness would be the death of me.)

I was thinking perhaps God was happy with my decision and was hoping that he'd grant it to me with a snap. But he kept immensely silent.( Someone told me that when God is silent. It means that there is something, that you haven't done. Or perhaps i've done something wrong.) But i persistantly carried on in my silliness.

ThenI went to camp with a heart seasoned with laziness and contempt. Laziness because i thought that my praying had me covered and contempt because i had some notoriously horrible children in my group to teach.

The first day was fine.

Then came the second day. Things got so out of hand that i remember very vividly, my assistants screaming at the kids and nagging at me to be more strict with them. That's when i woke up to it. I attended the end of day meeting burdened with a heart in need of desperate help and i pleaded to God to help me.

Then he came and raked up a lesson i would never forget. A leader will always be a role model for the group. If you're lazy it shows. If you're confident, it shows. Kids can see through it. If i wanted Discipline for my group, it had to start with me.

The third day i woke up early (as much as i didn't want to) sat in the front with the kids, came early for everything. I guess i saw God's hand moving through it all and the kids obeyed overnight. Maybe they had sensed the change in me. Maybe God had changed them. They came together and gel-ed for the first time. Then my eyes opened.

I remembered praying for self control. But this wasn't wat i had expected to recieve. I'm immensely grateful. Because he answered me.

I'm grateful for the lessons learnt,the wonderful darling assistants who took over when my strength had given away, and some of the encouraging children who were the distant glimmer of hope when i had fallen into a pit of despair.

P.S I've been told that i'm being missed. Its a tremendously wonderful feeling like having a mudpie on a chocolate craving. I miss my elephat too!! haha sorry for making u the bad guy. haha. love u lots.