Woke up too early

Woke up today to a dizzy misty morning. Supposed to take my dad's car to his office to study but ended up having a mountain of a breakfast with him and landing up in my school library. Don't ask me why or how. I'm still wondering myself too.

The incredible amount of food and lack of sleep has left me so sleepy, I've used an entire box of matches just trying to prop those heavy eyelids open. The extent I go to when i need to cramm information in is amazing.

Anyhow, was just reading a book on eyes. Or the study of it. It seems... that you might be able to tell a person's character by reading the features, color, brows, eye lids, etc. Which i think is a bunch of hogwash but still befuddles my inquisitive mind anyway.

According to the book. If you roll your eyes back and measure the amount of white that can be seen, then rolling your eyes down and measuring again. It is actually a good measure of hypnotizablity. More white= more hypnotizable. I'm not sure about how true this whole thingamajig theory really is.(Can't believe everything you read nowadays... because life has taught me to be skeptical.)

Anyhow. Confession: I've been trying self-hypnosis. Reason being, i hear it might actually improve studies.(Haha...I see some raised eyebrows.)

Its fairly simple actually. According to some psychologists,we are always getting ourselves into a trance. Like how we do something repetive and afterward try to recall if we've done it. I think they are refering to drifting into a semi-conscious state.( I haven't the foggiest idea. I'm not a psychologist.)

Based on that we can induce a learning technique based on a simple form of eye fixation described by James Braid.
"Pick a spot on the wall above the eye level that you can gaze at, so your eyes have to go up. As you do this now, jsut let your mind... relax. Notice that in a matter of moments, as you focus on that single spot, you begin to allow your awareness to expand outward in the periphery, if fact, you are sharply aware of the things on the left side of the periperhal vision... and now, the things on the right side of your peripheral vision... as you stay focus on the spot."

This enables the "Learning state". After this is achieved. Lower the eyes down on to the teacher or the board. According to some evidence, This technique actually synchronizes the two hemispheres of the brain.


To be honest. I've tried it and all i've gotten was a deep sense of relaxation, a higher ablity to concentrate and one or two eye cramps.( Didn't know those stupid things could cramp up.) Perhaps I'm low on the hypnotizablity scale. oh well. Can't ask for the sky can we. >_<

I need a coffee badly and perhaps some rock music to jolt my senses.
Back to the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home