Hey you there.

I met a guy named Ben this morning. Was jogging with E when I stopped to do setups. He came over to the station opposite mine and smiled. I tilted my head and smiled back out of courtesy.

His hair was frizzy and red. Kind like a hairy sponge. (I know its not exactly a very good description. I'm working on it.) He smiles happily.

"Do you jog often?" He asks. His body glistening with pespiration, under the morning sun that had crept out above the tree tops to eavesdrop on us. I didn't exactly want to tell him. In case he had chronic stalker tendencies that I didn't know about. Just so it wouldn't be awkward, I told him anyway.

"I don't usually jog here... I'm accompanying a friend." I nod, trying to keep eye contact. Its strange though. Its not everyday a half naked guy with interesting hair turns up in front of you to start a conversation.

"ah...I jog every other day." He gives a small grin. Got keep fit you know. Besides, I live around here. Around blk xxx. Where do you stay?" He shoots me an inquisitive look.

Oh dear. I think to myself. Maybe he really has stalker tendencies.
"ERM... 290?" I give a vague answer, trying to throw him off track. My whole estate is made of blk 290s the only difference between them is the alphabets that come after. i.e 290A, 290B, etc .

"290...What?" He asks. Oh dear. I really don't want to tell him. I figure he has to search the entire block if he wants to find me. I tell him anyway. In my mind, I'm praying he doesn't ask me anymore. It's starting to get awkward.

The conversation goes back and forth revolving around our lives.(I'm not going to tell you the details. You'd fall asleep and drool all over your CPU and cause a short circuit.) I find out he's a hairstylist who's working on contract with Monsoon now. Yes, I'm thinking what your thinking. Discounts for hair cut, dye, etc. I am after all, still human.

It turns out he's nice. I might go visit him later at the recruitment fair at JP. Hopefully I'll get his namecard or something. He's been in the same business for twenty years already. Might do me some good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home