Durians

My mom bought durian. We sat there for a silent couple of minutes. Deliciously Munching on the fleshy yellow fruit.

She says to me:"I bought it for 5 dollars." and points at the written price on the polysterene cover that screams, in loud blue marker ink- VERY GOOD DURIAN $$12.

"thats a really good buy." I comment. "the durians taste pretty good too."
"Yea." She says."I wouldn't buy it for 12 dollars. I'd be pretty angry if it was lousy."
I give a slight chuckle. If my mom was ever irritated, she had this amazing way of making the whole world irritated as well.


"..and they taste better if you're eating them with someone. So i waited for you to come home."


My mom and I are probably the only ones in the house who eat durian. Needless to sayI probably inherited her genes. OR she probably had a craving for durians when she was pregnant with me. Either way, the rest of the house detests them. But she's mom, so they can't say a thing. =)

But what struck me was. The gentle reminder that somethings are better off shared.
Be it the burdens in life, the pain, the sorrow and happiness.
Even food like durian.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh man so CUTE!!!!!hahaha...its nicer to eat with someone :D tt's nice =D

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home